Pastor Dave Thomas
Pastor Ruth Thomas
Adrian Pritchard (Elder)
Sylvia Pritchard (Elder)
Ps Victor Owens (Elder)
Elizbeth Owens (Elder)
- We believe that the Bible (i.e. the Old and New Testaments excluding the Apocrypha), is the inspired Word of God, the infallible, all sufficient rule for faith and practice.
- 2 Tim. 3:15-16, 2 Peter 1:21
- We believe in the unity of the One True and Living God who is the Eternal, Self-Existent “I AM”, Who has also revealed Himself as One being co-existing in three Persons – Father, Son and Holy Spirit
- Deuteronomy 6:4, Mark 12:29, Matt 28:19, 2 Corinthians 13:14
- We believe in the Virgin Birth, Sinless Life, Miraculous Ministry, Substitutionary Atoning Death, Bodily Resurrection, Triumphant Ascension and Abiding Intercession of the Lord Jesus Christ and in His personal, visible, bodily return in power and glory as the blessed hope of all believers
- Isaiah 7:14, Matthew 1:23, Hebrews 7:26, 1 Peter 2:22, Acts 2:22, 10:38, 2 Corinthians 5:21, Hebrews 9:12, Luke 24:39, 1 Corinthians 15:4, Acts 1:9, Ephesians 4:8-10, Romans 8:34, Hebrews 7:25, 1 Corinthians 15:22-24, 51-57, 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18, Revelation 20:1-6
- We believe in the fall of man, who was created pure and upright, but fell by voluntary transgression.
- Genesis 1:26-31, 3:1-7, Romans 5:12-21
- We believe in salvation through faith in Christ, who, according to the Scriptures, died for our sins, was buried and was raised from the dead on the third day, and that through His Blood we have Redemption.
- Titus 2:11, 3:5-7, Romans 10:8-15, 1 Corinthians 15:3-4
- This experience is also known as the new birth, and is an instantaneous and complete operation of the Holy Spirit upon initial faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.
- John 3:5-6, James 1:18, 1 Peter 1:23, 1 John 5:1
- We believe that all who have truly repented and believed in Christ as Lord and Saviour are commanded to be baptised by immersion in water.
- Matt. 28:19, Acts 10:47-48, Acts 2:38-39
- We believe in the baptism in the Holy Spirit as an enduement of the believer with power for service, a biblical evidence of which is the speaking with other tongues as the Spirit gives utterance.
- Acts 1:4-5, 8, 2:4, 10:44-46, 11:14-16, 19:6
- We believe in the operation of the gifts of the Holy Spirit and the gifts of Christ in the Church today.
- 1 Corinthians 12:4-11, 28, Ephesians 4:7-16
- We believe in holiness of life and conduct in obedience to the command of God.
- 1 Peter 1:14-16, Hebrews 12:14, 1 Thessalonians 5:23, 1 John 2:6
- We believe that deliverance from sickness, by Divine Healing is provided for in the Atonement.
- Isaiah 53:4-5, Matthew 8:16-17, James 5:13-16
- We believe that all who have truly repented and believe in Christ as Lord and Saviour should regularly participate in Breaking of Bread.
- Luke 22:14-20, 1 Corinthians 11:20-34
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of all men, the everlasting conscious bliss of all who truly believe in our Lord Jesus Christ and the everlasting conscious punishment of all whose names are not written in the Book of Life.
- Daniel 12:2-3, John 5:28-29, 1 Corinthians 15:22-24, Matthew 25:46, 2 Thessalonians 1:9, Revelation 20:10-15
We believe that life is a mission, sharing the love of Jesus, through the talents and gifts that he has given us with anyone and everyone we meet.
God – Jesus said to love God with all our heart, soul and mind.
We meet together to love him, worship him, pray to him and learn about him. (Matthew 22v37)
Each Other – Jesus said that if we love each other people will know that we are his disciples. (John 13v35)
Tab Life is about life…family, helping one another, encouraging one another, supporting one another.
The World – Jesus said to love your neighbour as yourself
We try to do just that. If we can help, we’ll help.
Word – We believe that the bible is the God breathed and is useful to teach us and equip us for works of service.(Timothy 3v16)
Talents – God has given all of us talents that we can use to serve him. At Tab, we try to identify these and encourage people (Matthew 25 v14-21)
Gifts – We believe that the Holy Spirit gives gifts to every believer to bring glory to Jesus and to build the church. (1 Peter 4v10-11, 1 Corinthians 12v7)
Into all the world… and share Jesus (Matthew 28:19-20)
HOUSE OF JOY UGANDA
House of Joy is a Christian School and Community initiative, based in Kasala, Uganda.
The Project was set up from Blackwood In 2005, and is lead by Joy and Ronnie Maund in Uganda, who are members of our TAB Life Family when they are home in the UK. As a church we support Joy and Ron on a monthly basis. But also encourage our family and friends to support House of Joy on a monthly basis.
HOJ is a truly incredible project which as its tag line states, is "Touching Hearts and Changing Lives!"
Click here to visit the House of Joy Web site for more information.
River Church Wales is an Assemblies of God Church.
Assemblies of God is a Bible Believing, Spirit Filled, Pentecostal Movement. With a history dating back to the Azuza Street Revival in 1914, and a world wide family of AOG churches the AOG is the world's largest Pentecostal Denomination.
Click here to visit the AOG UK Website to find our more.
There has been a church on this site for over 100 years... The legend goes that Evangelist Stephen Jeffreys went down in to the Sirhowy River, lifted a boulder and placed it on the ground saying "we will build the church here!"
In 1970 - A group of young men, lead by Pastor Paul Mercy, headed north from Crosskeys... laid hands on the "tin shack" that was there and claiming the ground and re-planting a the church.
THe church was called The Gospel Tabernacle. And later became the Tab Life Centre. The name of the Church was changed in November 2020 to RIVER CHURCH WALES.
Over the years the Church has gone through lots of different phases and styles... but Jesus and the Cross have always remained at the centre of the message.